The best projector for projection mapping is used to project an image onto any surface. It has the capability of creating amazing light. These projectors typically have a long-throw lens and high brightness. It affords the ability to create 3D-like effects by projecting on uneven surfaces. Also, it can be used for signage, lighting effects, and basic environmental decoration. It is widely used in the entertainment industry as well.
Additionally, the Best projector for projection mapping is likely to have 5-10 lenses in one unit. All of the lenses are angled in a certain direction. The projections are created by projecting through each lens at different angles onto the surface you want to project on. It is known to be extremely versatile and has many uses in different entertainment venues such as movie theatres, theme parks, museums, and even home theaters.
It uses thousands of markers on walls, floors, windows, and installations at various heights and angles projecting onto these surfaces to give an impression of 3D structures. In this post, we will be looking into the Best projector for projection mapping. We’ve listed the features of each projector below to help you for making an informed decision.
List of Best projector for projection mapping:
- ViewSonic PG800HD Projector
- BenQ HT8050 4K Projector
- Mini Projector 3D Portable
- InFocus IN112XA
- BenQ MW612 Projector
- ViewSonic’s PX701HD
- Epson Home Cinema
- Christie Digital 3DLP Projector
ViewSonic PG800HD Projector
ViewSonic’s PG800HD is a versatile projector that delivers stunningly beautiful images in large venues, business and education environments. With advanced visual features ideal for professional installations, the PG800HD can project up to 300 inches in 5000 lumens with a 50,000:1 contrast ratio. The 1.3x optical zoom offers centered lens projection while vertical keystone correction allows flexible placement in challenging installations. For even more flexibility, the PG800HD features a vertical lens shift to adjust the image position vertically without moving the projector.
This feature is especially useful when mounting on a wall or placing on a table. For even more ease of use, the PG800HD comes with an included wireless HDMI dongle and HDBaseT port for plug-and-play presentation connectivity without messy wires. ViewSonic’s new 1080p projector offers enhanced compatibility and delivers brilliant images in nearly any environment; it is sure to become an integral part of your next event!
Features of ViewSonic’s PG800HD :
- The PG800HD comes with a 1080p resolution and can display images at up to 120 frames per second
- It also has built-in speakers, so you don’t need to worry about having an external sound system if you want to watch movies or play games
- The monitor is compatible with all the different types of video inputs that are available for today’s televisions – HDMI, DVI, VGA, and DisplayPort
- This high-end HDTV monitor has a sleek design that will look great in any room of your home
- Its energy-efficient LED backlight panel consumes less power than traditional LCD monitors while delivering superior picture quality
BenQ HT8050 4K Projector
The BenQ HT8050 4K UHD Home Cinema Projector is the latest addition to our award-winning home cinema series. As the first projector in the world to feature 8.3 million pixels, it delivers an unrivaled experience of razor-sharp clarity and distinct image quality with no artifacts from panel misalignment and minimal light leakage. Combined with the superb optics, 3D capability, and infinite contrast ratio, the HT8050 presents an unprecedented viewing experience that is second to none.
The HT8050 also features a THX-certified MHL-enabled HDMI port that allows you to play multimedia content seamlessly on your mobile devices such as smartphones and tablets while enjoying a superior cinematic experience. With the HT8050, you are fully prepared to be amazed at the best-ever 4K UHD entertainment that will surely bring your home theaters to a whole new level.
Features of BenQ HT8050 4K UHD
- The HT8050 is capable of 4K UHD resolution
- It has a brightness of 1000 nit, which is brighter than the typical TV
- It features HDR technology for more realistic colors and details in high-contrast scenes
- BenQ’s exclusive Senseye 3 provides outstanding color reproduction, contrast enhancement, and sharpness detail even in challenging lighting conditions
- This projector can be controlled with your smartphone or tablet wirelessly via Wi-Fi
Mini Projector 3D Portable
Mini Projector 3D Portable is one of the most versatile devices for your home entertainment. The Mini Projector enables you to play 3D contents of PC, mobile phone, or tablet watching movies or playing games on various formats from multiple sources has never been so seamless, portable, and eye-catching!
This product is a portable DLP projector, with 4000 lumens of brightness and a 3000:1 contrast ratio. It supports 1080P resolution and 3D movies. The projector is equipped with a wifi function allowing users to stream videos from the internet or local network on their PC or mobile devices. This mini DLP projector also features a built-in lithium battery that can be charged by USB cable. Additionally, this mini DLP projector comes with an HDMI port for connecting to your TV, as well as an SD card slot that allows you to play music and video directly from your memory card.
It also comes with a built-in speaker for sound effects. This projector can project images or videos up to 100 inches on the wall, which is more than sufficient for home entertainment purposes. With this newly developed mini DLP projector, you can watch movies anywhere anytime!
Feature of Mini Projector 3D Portable
- Full function remote control
- Support for AVI/MPG/RMVB/DVD/CD format, USB and SD Card input format
- Mini size and lightweight, easy to carry
- Internal battery for mobile media device charging anywhere
- Supports 3D Deep Color Technology
InFocus IN112XA Projector
The IN112XA is an excellent value-for-money projector, with its full native resolution of 1024×768. It is ideal to be used in both office and living room. Its compact size makes it an excellent choice for home users who are looking for a full-featured projector. The IN112XA can achieve a high brightness of 3200 ANSI lumens, which makes it usable in some very light-lit environments.
The InFocus IN112XA is a compact and lightweight projector that delivers great performance and connectivity. It offers SVGA (800 x 600) resolution, up to 15,000 hours lamp life when used in dynamic mode, a high 26,000:1 contrast ratio, and 3,800 Lumens. The IN112XA has accurate and vivid color reproduction with BrilliantColor technology. You can also connect it to your Smartphone or Tablet with the MHL connectivity. The IN112XA is ideal for PowerPoint presentations, desktop publishing, and digital signage.
Features of InFocus IN112XA
- 12,000 lumens of brightness
- 1800 contrast ratio for deep blacks and bright whites
- Native WXGA resolution at 1280×800 pixels
- 20000 hours of lamp life
- 3D ready with DLP Link Technology
- HDMI input to connect your laptop or game console for a larger screen experience
BenQ MW612 Projector
The BenQ MW612 is a high-performance, business projector that’s designed to be used in a wide variety of applications where high-contrast and excellent color accuracy are required such as boardroom meetings business projector that enables easy and reliable wireless presentations. The MW612 delivers WXGA resolution, a 20,000:1 contrast ratio, and 4000 ANSI lumens of brightness for crisp images from a short distance. The included wireless dongle allows you to wirelessly stream content from your laptop or mobile device.
The MW612 features an HDMI port that supports MHL technology to connect mobile devices with the power to display multimedia content on a large screen. You can even mirror what’s displayed on your smartphone or tablet on a wall or projector screen for presentations via public Wi-Fi. For added convenience, the MW612 is equipped with a USB Type-A port to directly view and playback multimedia files from USB drives.
Features of BenQ MW612
- The MW612 is a multimedia projector that can project up to 300″
- It has full HD 1080p resolution and an ultra-short throw ratio of 0.47
- It uses BenQ’s BrilliantColor technology to produce vivid colors and crisp images
- It also features a low noise design, so it won’t disrupt your presentations or movies with distracting sounds
ViewSonic’s PX701HD 1080p Projector is a 3500 lumen, Full HD home theater projector that delivers cinematic colors and rich detail in nearly any environment. The SuperColor technology offers a wide color gamut for beautiful image production in nearly any environment. This projector features an easy setup with 1.1x optical zoom, vertical lens shift that offers up/down adjustments for flexible setup, and 16ms input latency to deliver smooth images without delay. It also has a built-in speaker for instant enjoyment of your favorite movies or games right out of the box.
ViewSonic’s PX701HD 1080P projector also has a new 3D solution with RF active shutter glasses that provides support for full 1080p resolution. This projector also comes with two sets of 3D glasses so everyone can enjoy their favorite movies, TV shows, and games in glorious 3D.
The Viewsonic PX701hd Full HD home theater projector is a 3500 lumen, Full HD 1080p projector that offers cinematic colors and rich detail in nearly any environment. The SuperColor technology offers a wide color gamut for beautiful image production in nearly any environment.
Features of ViewSonic’s PX701HD
- The ViewSonic PX701HD is a high-definition TV with 1080p resolution
- It has an LED-backlit screen, which provides great brightness and contrast
- This HDTV also features 3 HDMI inputs for easy connection to other devices
- The ViewSonic PX701HD is Energy Star certified, meaning it’s designed to be energy efficient and environmentally friendly
- You can use the remote control that comes with this HDTV or the included universal remote to operate your home theater system
- With built-in Wi-Fi, you can access online content right on your TV without having to switch devices all the time
Epson Home Cinema 3000
The Epson Home Cinema 3000 projector is the new champion on the block of moderate price, entry-level home theater projectors. Epson has an excellent record of producing high-quality DLP projectors, and this projector is built on and advances that heritage.
The Epson Home Cinema 3000 1080p 3D 3LCD Home Theater Projector is the ultimate entertainment experience for your home. Enjoy theater-like images on a screen up to 300″ with Full HD 1080p resolution, and watch movies in stunning 2D or 3D. With advanced features like dual HDMI ports, you can connect all of your favorite devices, including laptops and Blu-ray players, and enjoy them all in high definition.
Epson’s 3LCD technology delivers brilliant color performance that rivals DLP projectors for true-to-life colors. The Epson Home Cinema 3000 has a brightness rating of 2,000 lumens and a contrast ratio of 15,000:1.
Features of Epson Home Cinema 3000
1. The projector is lightweight – you can easily move it to any room
2. It supports 3D Blu-ray playback and 1080p HD video
3. You can connect your computer, game console, or other devices with an HDMI cable (included)
4. There’s a built-in speaker for audio playback without external speakers or headphones
Christie Digital 3DLP Projector
The Christie Digital 3DLP Projector is a projector for business purposes. It has great color, very good contrast, and great brightness making it perfect for any business presentation. The projector can do resolutions up to 1080p or 1920×1080 pixels at a 60 Hz refresh rate. It also has three lamps that can last up to 4000 hours before needing replacement. It also has great connectivity making it easy for anyone with a laptop or desktop PC to set up the projector quickly without any problems. The Christie Digital 3DLP Projector is one of the best projectors business professionals can use due to its many features and capabilities.
It is featuring DLP technology. Christie digital projectors are best suited for conference rooms where the projector is used to display presentations or videos. The Christie HD14K-M features a short-throw lens that can be placed as close as 1.5 meters from the screen surface, making it ideal for use in boardrooms and classrooms where space is limited. The short-throw lens provides a large 100-inch image at 1 meter. The projector can accept an analog computer signal through its RGB, component, or composite interfaces, making it easy to integrate into any meeting room.
Features of Christie Digital 3DLP Projector
- Christie Digital 3DLP Projector is a high-quality projector
- The 3DLP technology produces images up to four times brighter than conventional projectors
- It offers a wide range of features, including wireless connectivity and mobile device integration
- With an image size of up to 300 inches, it’s perfect for large spaces such as auditoriums or lecture halls
- It can display true 1080p resolution with 16 million colors – delivering vibrant images that are crisp and clear
Buying Guide of Best projector for projection mapping:
How can you select best Projection Mapping Projector?
Projection mapping is a form of projection and video mapping techniques and technologies to turn objects or environments into display surfaces for digital content. It has been applied to many areas such as theater, advertising, architecture, design, and technological art presentations.
For you to choose the Best projector for projection mapping, one should consider some factors such as:
This refers to the brightness of the projector. The Best projector for projection mapping should have high lumens because you need brightness when projecting outdoor especially during the daytime. Higher lumens result in better visual quality, even in brightly lit places. You should choose Best Home Theater Projectors with at least a 3000-lumen rating.
Best Projectors for Business come with different contrast ratios. The higher the contrast ratio, the better picture quality you will get. High contrast ratio is necessary for bringing out dark areas and shadows of an image. Shadows are important in projection mapping because it gives depth to the projected images. Best Home Theater Projectors has a contrast ratio of at least 10000:1.
The best projector for projection mapping should have the Best projector connectivity options to make your work easier. Best Projectors are equipped with HDMI, USB, VGA, and more ports for different Best projector use.
DLP VS LCD Best Projector
The best projector for projection mapping can either be DLP or LCD. Of the two types, DLP is better than LCDs because of its ability to deliver the best home theater projectors compatibility and color accuracy. Best Home Theater Projectors with DLP chip also has the Best home theater projectors because of its rich color reproduction and accuracy.
The best projector for projection mapping should have the Best projector lens to make the quality of your projected images better. Best Projector lenses are responsible for projecting crisp, sharp images on an ultra-wide screen. Rear projection Best projector lens is also important for rear-screen applications. Best Projector lenses are available in manual Best projector lens and auto Best projector lens for user convenience.
Projection mapping, also known as video projection mapping, involves the use of motion pictures or digital technology to animate objects or environments by applying moving images that were originally filmed onto another object’s surface.
We hope you’ve found this list of the best projectors helpful in your search for a projector. If you like our content then do not forget to leave your feedback in the comment section. We’d love to hear from you. Best of luck with your project!